Owl offers a comprehensive set of professional services to assist our customers throughout the process of selecting, deploying, and maintaining their Owl products. Owl qualified engineers are dedicated to supporting our customers, including appropriate security clearance when necessary.
If the installation requires government Certification or Accreditation, Owl has extensive experience, knowledge and expertise in getting solutions through the evaluation process and receiving an ATO (Authorization to Operate).
Once the system is installed and operational, Owl also offers Configuration Management services. This service provides customers with an off-site replication of systems and run-time configuration.
In addition to support services, Owl offers a complete long-term warranty program which covers nearly every aspect of Owl product hardware.
KEY SERVICES INCLUDE:
- System Integration
- License Management
- Technical Assistance
- System Troubleshooting
- Software Upgrades
- Patches & Hot Fixes
Technical Support Services
Customers with current Technical Services agreements receive the following services:
- Installation & Training - Owl also offers on-site training and installation services for all our products and solutions.
- Version Upgrades – All software upgrades, improvements, patches, and modifications are available, including new versions of the Owl OS and applications with expanded capabilities.
- Support Services – Owl provides a full suite of support services including phone/email user support, technical troubleshooting, work-around assistance, installation and configuration advice, and software corrections.
- Replacement of Equipment – Owl will exchange any unit determined to have a defect for a new replacement unit free of charge, including shipping.
- Single Point of Contact – Owl serves as the single point of contact for any third party software or hardware components incorporated into an Owl solution, assuring customers they only have to make “one call” for help and support.
- Easy Access – Customers can report issues 24x7x365 via phone, email, or through our website. Technicians are available 8 AM – 5 PM ET Monday-Friday (except holidays), and are on call for critical cases.
- Product Warranty – Included in every Technical Services contract, Owl’s hardware warranty covers virtually all aspects of Owl OPDS, OCDS product line hardware, as well as the physical Communication Card Sets (OCCS).
For those customers that recognize the benefits of having a testbed available for testing new features, patches, upgrades, restoring configurations and trouble-shooting, Owl offers a complete Configuration Management Service. When customers enlist this service, Owl maintains an exact copy of their system at our facility. This allows us to trouble-shoot issues, confirm configuration settings, prepare processes and procedures for upgrading Owl software & hardware, test third party software packages (drivers, filters, scanners, etc.), develop Factory Acceptance Tests and evaluate operating system changes.
All of these activities are performed on the replicated system hosted at Owl so that any incompatibilities or required documentation changes can be identified before they are implemented on the production system at the customer’s site. The configuration management service greatly improves the security and reliability of the system. This service offers faster resolution to technical issues and allows the testing of new configurations without impacting on-going operations, data flows or end-users.
Accreditation PROCESS ASSISTANCE
While it is the customer's ultimate responsibility to manage deployment and use of CDS systems within their environments and in support of their missions, Owl strives to assure that the systems we manufacture satisfy the full range of customer requirements for performance, security, reliability and documentation.
As such, Owl provides a full suite of documentation to support the Accreditation process, starting with a CDS requirements document that captures functional and security objectives, and proceeding to details of technical implementation and operation.
The document suite typically includes the following:
- Customer Requirements (data types and performance requirements)
- Security Objectives (security requirements for mitigating site-specific risks)
- High Level Design (which also serves as an executive overview document)
- Low Level Design (which maps CDS security features to RDAC components, elements, & facets)
- Implementation Representation (deep technical detail, as required)
- Administration Manual (user guidance)
- Functional Test Report (QA testing)
- Configuration Management Plan (Lifecycle support)
- Software Installation (CDS Build) Manual
- General User Interfacing Manual
- Training materials
For customers facing particularly difficult accreditation challenges, advanced assistance is available from Owl under contractual agreement.